Saturday, March 15, 2008

Julia's 1st Birthday Party

Today we celebrated Julia's birthday and had a small, but fun party for her. I could go on and on and on about what a sweet blessing she is to our family, but those of you reading this already know that to be the case. We, including Claxton, just adore her tremendously and are thankful for the joy she has brought to us. Yes, including that squealing stage!

As appropriate for our family, her first birthday cake was a monkey, a very cute monkey. Hats off to Brian for outdoing himself yet again.


Grammy and Julia ready for the party.


Time to sing Happy Birthday!


Yummy, this is good!


Cake and presents...birthdays are fun!!


I'll stop opening presents for a moment and pose for the paparrazis.

Thanks Miss Amy for keeping my brother occupied while I open my presents


Grandma D, I made you a cake in my new kitchen


Ellie, would you like to ride?


Here I am on my new airplane and someone else wants a turn too...


We had tornadoes that touched down in the city not too far from us here today. So right in the middle of the party, we had the local news on to follow what was happening. At one point our neighborhood was even mentioned on the news and of course this was at the same time we were ready to cut the cake. Here's half the crew getting ready to make a mad dash for the basement if needed. Thankfully, it never came to that.

No comments: