Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Surprises...

Have I mentioned that I like surprises? Well, I got one today. My in-laws showed up at my house this afternoon and I had absolutely no idea they were coming. Although I did have a lot of questions for my husband today before he left the house. It went something like this:

Brian: I'm taking Claxton with me today. We are going to have guy time.
Me: Ok....
Me (after a long pause): Why today? It's Wednesday, it's the middle of the week. Are you sure you don't need to be working?
Brian: Not today.
Me: Where are you going?
Brian: Why are you questioning me?
Me: Because you are having guy time in the middle of the week. Where are you going?
Brian: Parker's, Fry's, and the bank.
Me: Oh no, not Fry's again.
Me: How long will you be gone?
Brian: I don't know. A few hours. Enough with the questions already.

I left the house about an hour after them to buy groceries and upon my return they were still not home. I dared not call to check on them. So another hour or so passed and I heard the garage door open. Claxton comes running in the house saying, "Mom, Grammy and Grandpa are here, Grammy and Grandpa are here!!!!". I thought at first maybe he was a little confused but I was wrong.

So the plot thickens. Brian informs me that just the two of us are going away for the weekend to celebrate my birthday and that he would give me details as needed. While I'm excited, I'm also worried about leaving Julia as I have not been away from her at all. I have a day to get it all together. I have to pack for cold weather and take a swim suit. We leave early Friday morning and will be coming home Sunday night. That's all I know. Stay tuned...

No comments: