Monday, November 19, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

We've been reading books about Thanksgiving this week and Claxton doesn't really understand it, but loves reading the books about it. The one thing he knows for certain is that the pilgrims arrived on a boat called The Mayflower. The cutest thing is that when you ask him about it, he's just so serious.

Anyway, we are off to visit Grandma D (Brian's grandmother) for Thanksgiving and we are all looking forward to it. We are especially excited because it will be her first time meeting Julia. Every day Claxton goes through the drill of all the family members that will be there. He is so excited he can hardly contain himself. It's a rare occasion that we get to have Grammy, Grandpa, Kyle, Uncle Brad, Aunt Anne, and Grandma D all together for several days.

On another note, Claxton has been praying for weeks that it will snow at Grandma D's. Forecast is not really predicting any right now, but I suppose things could change. I'm hoping for him that we will see a little bit because he's not likely to see any at home. Of course it's been over a decade since we've gotten much snow so it's about time for a blizzard in these parts.

It's our first trip on an airplane with Julia. Have I mentioned that she's a squealer? Well, I'm hopeful she will not squeal to the top of her lungs on the airplane for two hours. I've stocked the backpack with all the Gerber star puffs I can fit in it. We should be adequately prepared to keep her quiet. I'll let you know how it goes.

Amongst all the hustle and bustle of getting ready for the holiday, don't forget what it's really all about. Take a few minutes to think about all of God's blessings in your life. I'm planning on doing it, and I know I've been blessed beyond belief in my life and have more than I could possibly ever deserve.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: