Thursday, November 8, 2007

The adventures of "Finding Nemo"

We are having pajama day today. Both kids have colds so we are staying in to try to get healthy again. The kids are getting way more video time than is ever allowed in a given day, maybe even in a given week. It's just not an every day occurrence around here. After an educational video that only lasted 30 minutes, I realized that maybe a movie that's a little longer might be a good thing and just maybe I could get a few of the projects that are on my to do list checked off. So I asked Claxton if he wanted to watch "Finding Nemo". Of course he did. Well, I went to get it and could not find it. I took all of the videos out of the cabinet three times. It was not there. After a few more searches I told him we would have to watch something else. At this point his mind was set on watching it. So I went to one other place to look for it. In the mean time, the following conversation occured:

Claxton (yelling from family room): "Nemo is in here. It's in here, Mommy!"
Me (yelling from another room): "No, Claxton. I looked in the video cabinet three times. It's not there."
Claxton (still yelling): "Mommy, I got it. I found Nemo."
Me (still yelling): "No, Claxton. It's not there. Get out of the cabinet. I've looked three times. Trust me. It's not in there."
Claxton (rounding the corner): "Here it is, Mommy. I got it. I found Nemo!!"
Me (stunned): "You do have it...Take me to where you found it."
Claxton: "It was right here in the cabinet."

For the record, it was in a different cabinet, not the one I had looked in three times!! None the less, he knew where it was and I honestly don't know how he remembered. It was not in with all of our other DVD's and we haven't watched that movie since sometime in the summer. But he knew. Now I'm hoping he can help me get my hands on a few other missing items!

No comments: