Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Missing an appendage

I always thought if I ever had children it would not be difficult for me to be away from them for a few days here and there. But I was wrong. It's much harder than I could have ever anticipated. Albeit we certainly leave them with people we love and completely trust. It's still hard. This weekend I felt like I was missing an appendage. Something was absent the whole time we were away. He came up in our conversations at least a thousand times. We have already become one of those couples that talk about our children when they are away from us. Even though the time away was supposed to be for us. This too is something I thought would not happen to me. So, yes, we called a couple of times to check on him and to make sure everything was going well. Okay, the truth is, so that mommy (and daddy too I might add) could have peace of mind. Just two short days and we missed him terribly. All the while he was having the time of his life!


No comments: