Sunday, April 20, 2008

Conversations this morning

As we are getting ready for the day:
Claxton: "Dad, what's the plan?"
Dad: "I don't know."
Claxton: "Oh."

During breakfast:
Dad: "Claxton, ask Mommy what you asked me upstairs."
Claxton: "Mommy, what's the plan?"
Me: "The plan for what?"
Claxton: (no answer)

Riding in the car:
Claxton: "Dad, Dad what's the deal?"
Dad: "I don't know. You tell me what the deal is."
Claxton (with great confidence): "Oh, ok. Well, first we are going to church. Then we are going to eat at Chic-fil-A. That's the deal, Daddy."
Dad (laughing heartily): "Well, we are going to church. But Chic-fil-A is not open on Sunday."
Claxton: "Yes it is."
(Then we actually passed one and it was indeed closed.)
Dad: "See, they are not open, it's not even an option."
Claxton (pointing out the window): "Well, that restaurant is open, so maybe we can eat there."
Dad: "Maybe."

I'm glad to know we have another planner in the family!

No comments: