Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Mr. Fix It

Today a hinge on one of the doors on the cabinets where we keep the toys broke. Claxton informed me that the door was broken and he had to fix it. He wanted to get Brian's tools out of the garage, but I convinced him he could use his own tools. So he ran to his tool bench and came back with a drill, a hammer, and a screwdriver exclaiming "I fix it, Mommy, I fix it"! And interestingly enough he actually went about it the proper way, (except for the hammering part, I'm not sure why that was necessary, but I kept quiet on that one), and even tested it to see if it worked as it should. After several good hearted attempts, I suggested he wait and ask Dad to assist him. He was good with that. But I learned that he is quite a determined little fellow today. And yes you can tell I've became a blogger because I ran for the camera to capture the whole thing.


This is where he is testing it to see if it works properly


In this one, he turned around and said, "Mom, take my picture!" (Ummm, I wonder if we take enough pictures around here?!!)

1 comment:

Brian said...

How long do you think it will be before he starts taking things apart to "fix" them - before they brake?