Saturday, June 16, 2007

Sandbox fun

I watch him play and still can't believe he's two already. He is curious about everything. Often times it is about things that are not in his best interest to be bothering, I mean exploring. Today we were on the deck and I was sitting at the picnic table with plans to get some long overdue paperwork done. I had expected that being outside and playing in the sandbox would keep the little man busy for quite a while. Silly me. He was far more concerned about what I had going on at the table. It was not fun stuff mind you. I was sorting some mail, writing some notes, paying bills, etc. Before it was over he successfully managed to get sand all all over my things. Just slightly irritating. I kept telling him to go play in the sandbox, but he was certain that what I had going on was more interesting. I finally made him go back over to the box and play. And he did. But it was only a minute or so before I looked up and saw him standing in the sand table twirling the umbrella. I fully expected to see an eyeball rolling around on the deck. I really just didn't think of the umbrella being more fun than the sand and trucks. Go figure. At least I know he's a normal kid.


















No comments: