Thursday, May 31, 2007

First road trip with both kids

The kids and I went to Grandma Julia and Grandpa Charles' for a few days. I wasn't sure how we would do on the journey down - it's about a 4-hour trip. So I planned when we would leave around Julia's feeding schedule and how I thought traffic would be (we left on Memorial Day). Claxton did very well and was completely occupied with looking out the window and reading books as long as I kept playing the Veggie Tales cd. I tried sneaking a few other things in from time to time that I would enjoy, but before I could change to another cd, he was already yelling from the back "more Veggie Tales, more, more, more Veggie Tales please". I gave in to maintain the peace and more importantly to not wake Julia. I had hoped that Claxton would sleep some on the journey as well, but no, not even for one second. We did have to stop once for me to feed Julia. I had hoped she would make it the whole trip, but I also knew I was pushing it to expect that as well. We made it in 5 hours. No complaints here.

No comments: